About The Abyss (DAICO)
The Abyss as a Next-Generation Platform
A gaming portal with a concentrated presence of MMO games in which a primary focus is placed on motivational programs for players as well as developers. ABYSS tokens are a priority internal mechanism for interaction on the platform (Protocol ERC20 on the Ethereum blockchain). Our gaming platform is to be offered for Desktop (Windows, MacOS, Linux), Mobile (iOS and Android) and Web.
Key Characteristics of the Project:
- Increasing income from a single user: A powerful, multilevel referral program whereby a user brought in by a developer provides the developer an income (paid in ABYSS tokens) from all payments and achievements in any other game on the platform.
- The player also profits: An analogous referral system is built on a viral basis whereby players receive income (paid in ABYSS tokens) for bringing in friends, not just for their payments but also for the activity on the platform (achievements, creating content, subsequent referrals, etc.)
This system utilizes a principle of affiliate marketing: a maximal income is obtained by players and developers who are the first to bring in users to the platform. The system is oriented at more effectively inviting and retaining users than any other in the gaming sphere.
- Low entry threshold for first check: Dual currency options whereby all operations can be conducted in fiat money and the platform's own ABYSS tokens.
- Convenience of using tokens: Tokens can be transferred to cryptocurrency accounts both manually and automatically.
- Saving money on marketing: An internal system of advertising offers (based on ABYSS tokens) enables traffic to be exchanged with other developers, receiving and passing along only relevant users.
- The Abyss is a gamification service: A well-planned system of syndicates (Masternodes) enables the platform's users to be organized into communities that become sources of income (paid in ABYSS tokens) for participants. It is one of the methods of controlling the volatility of tokens.
Missing whitepaper? Let us know.
Rated on Feb 2, 2018
Rated on Apr 21, 2018
Rated on Apr 16, 2018
Good idea, but reward and referral model should be keep flexible and adapt to regulation at each country. Some of country not allow MLM, some disallow more than 3 level.
Rated on Dec 25, 2017
Rated on Mar 22, 2018
• DAICO Model - A more transparent and secure ICO model using smart contracts. Most notably, it allows for token holders to vote to return investment funds if development team fails to implement the project.
• Discrepancies in Project Team - The website fails to list two team members stated in the whitepaper (dated as Feb 2018). Either this indicates that the project team is unclear/disorganized or that core members of the project team have exited the project prior to the ICO.
• Lack of Qualifications - The company associated with the project, Destiny Games, currently hosts 6 games in their projects section. Some games are popular and have overall positive reviews, but language support is limited to Russian in most cases. The companies current portfolio would suggest that creating a distribution platform with international exposure is beyond the team's current capability.
• High Revenue Split - The Abyss proposes a 30-70 percent revenue split, with game developers keeping 70% of the sales revenue for games they choose to list on their platform. Other distribution platforms such as STEAM and GOG Galaxy take the same 30% cut, yet offer much more exposure and accessibility. Developers' may lack incentive to choose The Abyss over these larger distributors.
• Public Github has the Token sale contracts only. No evidence of Development.
• Fiat can be used on the platform rendering the token practically useless.
• Multi Level Refferals (5 Levels) for Users & Developers on their network. This is a practice close to MLM schemes.
Rated on Feb 15, 2018
Rated on Apr 10, 2018
a fantastically experienced team with 10 years of experience in the development and publishing of MMO games.
Rated on Apr 17, 2018
Needs to build up credentials to execute on this and ensure it complies with legislation in each jurisdiction.
Rated on Feb 7, 2018
Rated on Apr 8, 2018
Rated on Apr 6, 2018
The Verdict of Midgard Research
Our score is 4 out of 10
The long term grade is Low – The game industry, especially that part involved in projects that with reward programs, don’t perform very well in this market. The industry is saturated. Tokenomics are pure. Since they don’t have a prototype, yet, we are not sure that they can present one before their ICO.
Read the full report here:
Rated on Apr 17, 2018
Rated on Feb 1, 2018
Rated on Mar 26, 2018
Rated on Apr 11, 2018
Rated on Apr 7, 2018
First things first: thank you for a human readable WP, I did actually enjoy reading a solid black text over the white background. It was a breath of fresh air after lots and lots of crazy painted WPs.
Jokes aside, this is a great project built by an experienced team. They, as it seems, have a solid background in the field and they have a good understanding of the particular market niche.
I can't properly evaluate the game technology part, yet Destiny.Games is a very well known name and therefore I assume this aspect is well taken care of.
In regard of the ICO, token distribution and token economics I have all the standard concerns every pro ICO investor has, and some extra since the DAICO is involved: what is the early token value preservation and gain mechanics; how the liquidity will be guaranteed; how will the poll process be made time-adequate and fair; etc.
Yet that is great, that I have these questions, rather than very basic ones, which are usually addressed to ICOs these days! I do really wish you and you investors luck and best results possible. WP, projections and essential information disclosure can use some polishing, but the project is very strong all in all.
Rated on Apr 20, 2018
There was a time when I would have given a project like this at 4 for vision, but that was a year ago when the early entries in space were ICO-ing. Now The Abyss enters a crowded space and AFAIK none of the predecessors have succeeded in making a mark.
The problem is that the big gaming platforms and markets don't really have a vested interest in adopting someone else's technology to support intragame payments, trading, and rewards. There is a very long road to go before the big guys would open that door to a newcomer - more likely they will create their own coin/currency/platform before the adopt anyone else's.
So far The Abyss has a very glitzy website and a prototype which I've not tried because I really don't go downloading 3rd party software relating to crypto these days. It is hard to tell from videos what if anything is real yet.
A further threat to them is that Apple and Google are seemingly on a path to eliminate anything crypto related from their app-stores. They say this is to protect users - which is probably at least partially true. But really, they also don't want the competition for in-app and in-game payments which are huge revenue streams for them. So, good luck with that in the mobile world.
But this was and apparently still is a wide open field so someone to excel so I wish them all the best. Someone, somewhere has to crack this nut.
Rated on May 11, 2018
Good looking project.
Rated on May 14, 2018
Strong and experienced team, solid business model and revenue potential and - Its the world's first DAICO. In addition - existing product with millions of users and solid partnerships in place.
Rated on Mar 6, 2018
Love the vision here. E-gaming is booming into a massive industry, so i the vision here is great. Not sure this is the right team or project that can execute. Also, a lot of the roadmap developments listed to occur after the DAICO, should actually occur before the fact. A lot of hype on this project as it's the first DAICO (infamously mentioned by Vitalik as the ICO 2.0). i wish there were stronger gaming partnerships in play
Rated on Mar 9, 2018
Rated on May 11, 2018
Rated on Feb 27, 2018
- Its the first "DAICO" ICO;
- Has serious competitive advantage in compare with traditional, non-blockchain companies;
- Project has multi-level marketing referral system and 25% bonus sale during the first 24 hours;
- Its telegram group has over 28 thousand people, it was mentioned in various blockchain media outlets like Coindesk;
- It has large and experienced team with great track of performance;
- Good business model and transparent system which can compete with companies like Valve (STEAM);
- Project received good marketing hype due to DAICO;
Rated on Apr 17, 2018
Rated on Mar 8, 2018
Rated on Mar 11, 2018
Rated on Feb 20, 2018
Many decentralized Gaming & App platforms already in the market however the only way to reach widespread adoption is referral system .
This business model will work like clockwork orange since it is based on a correct business model.
Rated on Mar 8, 2018
Rated on Apr 18, 2018
Rated on Feb 24, 2018
interesting project. very high hard cap though..
Experts are independently and voluntarily contributing to the community. If no expert has rated the ICO, only ICO analyzer's results are used. Always research before investing as these ratings should not be taken as an investing guide of any kind.
Ratings and ICO analyzer results are being updated (re-calculated) every few hours.
TeamApply as an advisor
Token Sale Advisor
US Legal Advisor
US Legal Advisor
Business Development Advisor
Head of Development Department
Tech Lead, Blockchain Engineer
Head of Customer Service
Chief Marketing Officer
VP of Platform Development
First 48HR: 25% Days 3-7: 15% Days 8-14: 10% Days 15-21: 5%
Foundation of Destiny.Games (gaming company)
The idea of a state-of-the-art gaming portal creation
Testing the opportunity of blockchain technology integration into the new concept
Presenting the concept of The Abyss – a new generation digital distribution platform
Conducting the Token Sale
Commencing The Abyss platform development
Presentation of concept of The Abyss to game developers
Active phase of platform development
Legal and financial preparation for the launch of the project
Partnership agreements with game projects
The first version of the platform with the startup game package
API for project integration
Unified bi-currency billing
Unified system of authorization
The first integration of multilevel referral programs
Active development of the platform:
Expansion in the number of connected projects;
Introducing the personalization and socialization systems;
Introducing the detailed reporting system;
Introducing the internal CPA Network.
The expansion of platform functionality:
The ability of content generation and evaluation;
Joint game achievements.
Further extension of the platform