The current Television Ecosystem is broken. TV networks around the world are abusing their market power as gatekeepers to increase prices for advertisers, lower payouts to content creators and drive up subscription costs for consumers. They actively hinder innovation in content delivery and advertising technology in order to sustain their oligopolistic position and benefits. Many consumers are rightfully frustrated with the state of broadcast television. They enjoy the lean-back nature of a fixed program schedule, but would like to see more premium content personalized to their viewing patterns and interests. At the same time, tech giants like Google, Facebook, Amazon and Netflix are looking to build their walled garden around the television ecosystem, eager to acquire more power through data and access to consumers. TV-TWO offers the community a solution in form of an Open Platform for those who are curious about cutting the cord. This includes:
First, an application for Connected TVs that blends traditional television with a personalized video stream offering premium content at no subscription costs. The video stream can always be opened with just one click of a button. Second, the Token for Television (TTV), an ERC20 token that administers the exchanged value between consumers, content providers and advertisers. We propose a new ecosystem, where the trustless nature of the Ethereum blockchain makes it possible for market participants to interact directly without having to rely on middlemen. Consumers get to watch curated videos while receiving TTV for choosing to see sponsored messages from advertisers. Content creators are rewarded by users with TTV for their quality productions. The Token for Television will be offered to the community in a crowdsale. We will employ the new and improved standard of the Interactive Coin Offering as proposed by Jason Teutsch and Vitalik Buterin in order to guarantee a fairer and more transparent assignment process. The TTV crowdsale is especially relevant for advertisers that are looking for sponsored reach on the Big Screen. At the same time, investors can profit from the Network Utility Expansion Mechanism inherent to our model. Since no additional coins will be issued after the Interactive Coin Offering and each token has the reserved right to show ads to a fixed portion of the TV-TWO user base, each consumer that comes to the platform boosts the value of the token.
Rated on 27 Apr 2018
Rated on 21 Dec 2017
I dont see innovation in this.
I dont like this:
'Price in ICODetermined through the Interactive Coin Offering'
I dont found alpha.
Rated on 16 Apr 2018
Rated on 4 Apr 2018
Rated on 27 Mar 2018
Rated on 11 Mar 2018
Traditional television is losing popularity, we need a breakthrough and a revolution. Strong team, I think they can achieve success
Rated on 4 Jan 2018
Great team and vision. Best of luck guys!
Rated on 25 Mar 2018
Rated on 22 Feb 2018
I am kind of on the fence on this one - mainly because I spent five years working on TV apps and second screen apps in the business and watched it fade away. People don't use apps on their TVs. The only thing they seem to care about is Netflix and there's a button for that on every remote on new TVs. It also does not seem very sustainable. Decent whitepaper.
Rated on 27 Mar 2018
Rated on 11 May 2018
Bright idea and early into the space, competitors coming thick and fast though.
Rated on 14 Mar 2018
Rated on 23 Mar 2018
I am a big fan of any project attempting to take on Youtube and Netflix...and this project may very very well do just that.
Rated on 24 Dec 2017
Rated on 2 Apr 2018
++ Solid Advisory board as well as leadership team.
++ Co-founders have worked together at Minodes (Advertising company) in the past
- - Don`t see enough UI/UX & developers within Product development team.
++ Current TV industry definitely needs disruption. Netflix and Youtube have been able to do that in certain degree but they are also turning into money-grabbing sharks.
++ MVP ready, which is always very important.
+- Extremely difficult to have TV on Blockchain.
Rated on 2 May 2018
Rated on 6 Jan 2018
- Founders previously worked in Minodes together
Minuses (4 of 6 fixed now)
- Jonas Schmidt in Linkedin does not have a link to this project - FIXED
- Experience in the development of blockchain is only in the freelancer Rodrigo Acosta, who works remotely all his life, and he doesn’t have a record of this project.
- Now there is no single standard for the development of Smart TV applications, and each vendor needs to develop its own solution.
- In the development roadmap on the site there are things that are not related to development, for example, "Company foundation" - FIXED
- I didn’t find any prototype - They showed demo
- There is no soft and hard caps.
It looks like an attempt to collect as much money as possible or no refunds at any outcome - Fixed
- In the case of the use of the Ethereum blockchain, the cost of the transaction for transfer TTV for viewing the advertisement will be more expensive than the accrued funds in TTV itself. - Fixed
p.s: My estimate changed after dialogue with the co-founder (Philipp Schulz)
Rated on 14 Jan 2018
Rated on 24 Jan 2018
As we see these days traditional TV sector is in decline, new leaders are rising as Amazon Prime, HBO, Netflix, etc. Young people, especially are keen for such kind of approach, so it is interesting to see this idea in action!
Good tip - try to focus on content providers who serves youngsters, I think in long term that will make the difference for you.
Rated on 21 Mar 2018
A truly revolutionary project. Hope they have worked on security as well.
Rated on 22 Mar 2018
I met the team during a conference in London. Their project was one of the few where the tokenization actually could make sense.
Points that I like:
- Before founding TV-TWO, the founders worked together in the advertising industry. Very dynamic and determined guys.
- I could try the product and liked the UI/UX. I can see myself watching TV-TWO and earning crypto.
- The TV advertising market is gigantic and their vision of how to capture it step by step makes sense.
Rated on 23 Dec 2017
Rated on 11 Jan 2018
Rated on 21 Mar 2018
After meeting the team, I am confident about sharing my thoughts.
- Team: Founders worked together for 2 years in the advertising industry. Now, they plan to revolutionize the biggest advertising market out there - TV advertising.
- Vision: These guys are really motivated and are well aware of the task ahead. If they succeed the upside is huge.
- Product: I had the chance to test the product. They propose that in the future consumers only need one channel. A personalised channel with all the content tailored to your behaviour and interest. This environment enables a smooth blend of organic and sponsored messages. Plus, the consumer earns tokens when watching advertisements.
Rated on 21 Mar 2018
Rated on 27 Dec 2017
Rated on 6 Jan 2018
Rated on 21 Mar 2018
I had the chance to meet the team on a blockchain event. The founders are extremely passionate and have a background in the advertising industry. Based on their experience and drive, they convinced me in terms of their vision of building a decentralised ecosystem for video entertainment on the big screen. TV advertising is a huge honeypot and offers big upside if TV-TWO succeeds. They showcased their product and the UI/UX was really smooth. Overall, I am convinced that these guys will succeed!
Rated on 29 Mar 2018
I had an opportunity to meet the team during cryptocurrency summit and test the product.
This project has enthusiastic and dedicated team.
Strong sides of the project:
- It focuses on TV marketing, unique market space for blockchain technology;
- Existing product that can be tested;
- Active team that participates in conferences, summits and has good networking potential;
- In active negotiation stage with several large international companies;
- Growing market of smart-TV's;
- Decreases marketing costs;
- Marketing field is very competitive;
- Cryptocurrency field is mostly popular among millennials, while Large part of TV-users are not millennials.
- It will take time before users will adopt new blockchain paradigm in TV;
- majority of marketing agencies are not very familiar with blockchain and might be very skeptical for adoption.
I rate this project 5/5/4. I deducted one score for risks related to the product adoption risks and competition.
Rated on 2 May 2018
This Project sounds good, the business case seems to be there, BUT:
The media industry is very difficult to address. The gatekeepers are financially strong and are not and will not give away market share and control to a small ICO project that nearly totally consists of NON MEDIA people. The advisory board is not involved as it seems from media and also the token economics don't look good:
• Available for Purchase: 500,000,000 Tokens for Television will be available for purchase. In relative terms, 75% of all tokens will be sold to the public during the crowdsale
• Team: 15% of the available tokens will be retained by TV-TWO. The tokens are vested over three years.
• Supporters and Advisors: 6% of the available tokens will go to supporters and advisors of TV-TWO
• Campaigns: 4% of the available tokens will be granted to supporters that have participated in the Bounty and Marketing Campaign
• Market Maker: Any ETH committed beyond 90% of the hard cap will be locked for two years in a smart contract. The smart contract stabilizes the price of the TTV by automatically purchasing back tokens, should the market price drop below the issue price
25% of the Token are reserved for the Team and Advisors - no wonder why the remote advisory board is full.
Main critic points are the very young and in the television business unexperienced founders and the "investor"-unfavorable token economics plus the whitepaper that is lacking all legal information relating to the company. No information about the legal entity is given. The entity on the website is a German UG in Berlin. There does not seem to be a Team working somewhere. According to LinkedIN, the profiles connected to TV-TWO are having other mandates too. Unless I get more Information from TV-TWO I can't recommend this ICO in my opinion.
Experts are independently and voluntarily contributing to the community. If no expert has rated the ICO, only ICO analyzer's results are used. Always research before investing as these ratings should not be taken as an investing guide of any kind.
Ratings and ICO analyzer results are being updated (re-calculated) every few hours.
TeamApply as an advisor
Tech Entrepreneur & Angel Investor, Advisor. Experience: Physics at Imperial College and MIT, McKinsey.
Coinpayments & Parallel Payments, Advisor. Experience: Blockchain Association, Lydian ICO, Pindify ICO.
Blockchain Consultant & Keynote Speaker, Advisor. Experience: Booz Allen Hamilton, Betrium ICO, e-Chat ICO.
Strategy Expert & Startup Mentor, Advisor. Experience: Block 512, Crypto20 ICO.
FinTech & Marketing Consultant, Advisor. Experience: Banking, Crypto Investor, UTRUST ICO.
Blockchain Investor at High-Tech Gründerfonds, Advisor. Experience: Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Zalando.
TV Tracking and Attribution Expert, Advisor. Experience: MD Affinitas (IPO), Director Marketing Project A.
David Ben Kay
Governing Board of Ethereum (2016)
Editor in Chief at Cryptocoin.News, Advisor. Experience: Mentor & Advisor in 20+ Successful ICOs.
Startup & Cryptocurrency copywriter, Supporter.
CEO at The Blackmore Group, Advisor. Experience: Blockchain & Crypto Specialist, Public Speaker.
Co-Founder Gimli, Advisor. Experience: Token Economics, ICO Campaigns.
FTC Asian Regional Director, Advisor. Experience: Investment Banker, Speaker, trade.io ICO.
Development of The Smart TV Application
Development of Smart Contracts for Operations of the Application
Development of The Campaign Platform
Publication of Whitepaper
Start or the Marketing and Bounty Campaign
Adjustments on Community Feedback
Token for Television Private Sale
Proof of Concept Release of the Campaign Platform
Opensource Release of Smart Contracts
Announcement of Token Exchanges
Application Release for Samsung, LG, Toshiba, TP Vision and Panasonic
lntroduction of TTV to the Campaign Platform With Managed Wallets
Onboarding of Advertisers on the Campaign Platform
Onboarding of Content Providers and Users on the TV-TWO Platform
Iteration of the Appﬁcation with Token Gamiﬁcation
Partner Expansion with Advertisers and Content Providers
Version 2.0 - Reﬁnement of User Interface and User Experience
Evaluallng Set-Top Box Manufacturers for Partnerships
Growth Hacking for User Base Expansion
Development of Application for Sony, Hisense and Sharp
Iteration of the Appﬁcation with Social Features
Moving Off-Chain Aspects On-Chain
Evaluating of TV-TWO Hardware (Open TV or Set-Top Box)
Negotiations with Manufacturers for a Pre-Installation of the Application
TV Networks Offer Content Through the Decentralized Ecosystem