About Lineage Network
Our mission is to build a trustless, secure, self-governing, decentralized, and fast network with the capability of scaling to billions of transactions on-chain”
The Blockchain is in the current state where developers of all cryptocurrencies are trying to find a way to scale. However, they have all proposed these solutions with different types of compromises along the way. An example is the BitcoinCash fork that attempted to raise the block-size. However, the compromise was that nodes owned by less advantaged people would stop and decentralization would go down. Meanwhile, Bitcoin has scaled using Segregated Witness and will implement the Lightning Network after it’s development. This, however, is a second layer solution and base layer solutions are urgently needed.
Our mission of building a trustless, secure, self-governing, decentralized, and fast network is defined as follows:
- Trustless as the ability to transact with the lack of third party involvement.
- Secure as the ability to prevent attack vectors such as a 51% attack, and a Quantum Resistant Blockchain that is futureproof. Also using the security of the blockchain to make immutable transactions.
- Self-governing as the ability for the Blockchain economy to govern itself without any intervention from developers.
- Decentralized as the ability to have immutability and many nodes that are distributed, to mitigate the risk of censorship.
- Fast as the ability to scale to billions of transactions a second on chain with 0 second confirmations.