About Artis Aes Evolution
The project that is the basis of this crowdfunding campaign is ambitious, important and robust. The purpose is to finance all-or-part of the new infrastructure, services and related actions.
The challenge is to put in place truly winning infrastructure and services
- for widening the audience of users, enthusiasts and lovers of figurative art,
- for financing emerging art,
- for financing dissemination and meeting events,
- for financing the restoration and income generation of valuable artworks,
- for increasing security and the average level of authenticity of art,
- for offering more effective, efficient and cost-effective payment methods.
- The larger the amount collected, the greater the possibility for Artis Aes to be a leader in its own market, in a totally open and borderless environment.
Currently, the art market on Internet presents a number of problems and consequent development opportunities:
- Need of financial mediators. The classical marketplaces need banking institutions to offer services for exchanging (selling and buying) expensive assets and guaranteeing the happy conclusion of every transaction. So, the banking institutions are still the only actors that are legally adequate to offer transaction services. Here, the process of economic intermediation is the prerogative of giants such as PayPal and transaction costs are kept very high.
- Confidentiality. The classical systems of monetary exchange on the marketplaces do not guarantee confidentiality, because personal data are too tied to the transaction ones and the possible security breaches on the web platforms can easily cause data thefts, losses and dissemination.
- Excessive centralization of information. The information about artworks, artists, ownership and their changes need to be decentralized because the excessive centralization is neither secure nor democratic.
Artworks authenticity process. The process of authenticity of an artwork and the enhancement and preservation of documents related to it are inconsistent and fragmented and the actors do not dialogue with the others through standard communication interfaces and protocols.
- Communication channels for exchanging documents. There is not an hub for surely and safety exchanging documents that relate to artworks among actors as artists, collectors, owners, vendors and buyers.
- Methods for financing art. The methods of financing artists and their production and conservation are few, costly and not accessible to most. Moreover, forms of micro patronage do not exist in practice.
- Opportunities for direct and social fruition of art. The diffusion of media and web technologies among the primary means of communication of art tends to keep its users away from artists and their works, thus the market needs parallel opportunities for direct and social fruition.
Creating decentralized platforms
The decentralization of web platforms (like the Decentralized Marketplace, the Decentralized Artists Galleries, the Decentralized Document Management System and the Art Tokenization System) is an emerging trend that is impacting the traditional web market, that till today has been dominated by famous world companies and where Artis Aes has started its own business.
Instead, artists, art lovers, buyers and sellers are increasingly looking and opting for directly dealing among themselves to bypass expenses and fees and stop the centralized markets to collect and misuse their personal and financial data. This is possible by using blockchain technology.
The Artis Aes’ decentralized platforms will provide a way for its users to promote their artworks and trade directly with each other using a peer-to-peer network, then it will be run by its users who record every transaction on a public ledger.
The future architecture
Here are the main characteristics of the new architecture:
- The Artis Aes blockchain platforms will be built on the Ethereum blockchain.
- A new peer-to-peer marketplace with blockchain, that will be a rather challenging task involving a number of components specific for this technology.
- A new crypto token (Artis Aes AES), needed by the new marketplace platform and that will help to further decentralize the network and will be a way to add certain features that the other crypto generally lack.
- The smart contracts for the management of the AES, when developed, will have management functions in order to try to stabilize it and therefore for its attractiveness with respect to the needs of the art market.
- A Decentralized Document Management System, with the aim of a systematic review of architecture perception of the electronic art record.
- The new Artists Galleries platform of Aris Aes, that will be enriched primarily by the acquisition of the decentralization model.
- The implemetation of a new tokenization engine in order to finance artists' activities through separate targeted crowdfunding campaigns.
- The human dimension of the relationship between the individual and art is the basis of the business of Artis Aes. For this reason, the web platforms created by us won't neglect the need for the individual and the community to interact directly and socially with artistic production, by the realization of club-members/intranet services on the blockchain.