Crypto Asset Trends and Predictions 2019
I am happy to share that as we move into 2019, we learn from the failures of yesteryear and as research has shown, better quality projects are coming out and some of my predictions have already materialized. I have learned much from the 55 conferences and meetups that I attended throughout 2018, and was invited to share my observations at about 16 international forums, big and small. I still have much to learn in this dynamic ecosystem. I love every minute of it.
Here are some of my Crypto trends and predictions for the rest of the year.
1. More focus and discussions on Security Token Offering (STO) projects (e.g.,BrikBits.io) and Exchanges (e.g., TokenXpro.com) and better quality ICO projects.
2. Governments, SMEs and Enterprises will explore into private blockchain technologies to help their businesses improve their accountability, productivity and ROI. (Malaysia Automobile Industry had inked a Memorandum of Agreement with Crypto Valley Malaysia to do R&D in this sector. SK Jewellery, a Singapore retail store, now accepts bitcoins as payment over the counter.)
3. Governments are racing to have their own sovereign coins as legal tender, e.g., Republic of the Marshall Islands (SOV), Sweden's own national cryptocurrency.Governments will firm up their initial digital assets policies and guidelines.
4. More sophisticated crypto trading tools, e.g., short sell, leverage, derivatives, margin
5. More efficient and cheaper mining servers (better if you can build yourself).
6. More Blockchain EDUCATION. (Update Feb 2019, Singapore Government Budget announcement had identified Blockchain as a new sector of growth and will be allocating more funds to build this expertise in this area.)
7. Technological infrastructure improvements, e.g., TreeRoot.io for faster transactions per second, sharding, etc.
8. More financial institutions and family offices will take lead and invest into disruptive blockchain projects.
9. Bitcoin price may head south further before recovering and heading north into a new high above USD 22,000. Investing long term vs short term trading?
10. More and more retail payment / settlement systems, e.g., Crypto.com (MCO), Wirex, TenX will ensure more mass market adoption of both cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies.
Share with me more if you have some insight into the crystal ball :)