About Social Chains
Our Vision and Mission
At Social Chains, we believe that users should own their data and participate in the data economy. Privacy is a fundamental right. Fake data is neither ethical nor sustainable. These are our core values. Our mission is as bold as it is simple: “to empower every individual and business to participate in wealth creation from any transaction – social or commercial – that uses verified identity”.
Problems with social-media
Social networks have gone beyond sharing vacation pictures. They function as marketplaces, but they were not built to provide the services they do today.
- A select few companies are accumulating the wealth from user data, and little wealth is passed to users.
- Misuse of user data; Big Tech shares user data with third parties without oversight.
- Lack of trust in Social Media (e.g., 40% of Millennials reported fraud of >$400 in 2017 (e.g. Romance Fraud). 25 to 30% click and display fraud in online Ads.
Value to Users as Stakeholders
Unlike other social media platforms
- Users earn 50% of the profits.
- Users receive tokens for engagement
- True privacy that exceeds GDPR; even our platform cannot access user data without express permission – let alone share it.
- Safe digital neighborhoods on a global scale because every user is verified.
$SOCT: A Unique Cryptocurrency
- 500M users receive 600 M tokens as an award resulting in the world’s largest ever distribution and adoption of cryptocurrency by mainstream users.
- Unlike BitCoin, the only cryptocurrency that is owned entirely by verified users.
- $SOCT is helping us in hiring talent that has accepted $SOCT as a currency.