The current problem plaguing participants in the freelance economy is an inherent lack of trust. Employers lack a single source of reliable and consistent history for potential hires. Freelancers are at the mercy of individually centralized job marketplaces and are powerless to control their personal data and retain their full earnings. Moonlighting is focused on eliminating the risks associated with online hiring, empowering the democratization and portability of worker data, and reducing the cost of doing business in the gig economy.
Moonlighting is one of the fastest-growing and most trusted marketplaces in the United States’ freelance economy. Backed by the three largest news media companies, the Moonlighting community has grown to more than 600,000 freelancers and small business owners since our inception more than 3 years ago.
Moonlighting is raising $25 Million to grow revenue to $10 Million / month from $1 Million lifetime revenue by ramping up marketing spend, adding new partnerships, expanding to a international audience, and scaling to 10 Million users.
- Provides in-demand mobile SaaS tools including mobile payments, proposals and invoicing, instant messaging, and interactive mapping
- Expanding to an international audience assisted by 2 new strategic partnerships with leading international news media sites, Post Media (Canada) and Johnston Press (UK)
- Reduces expenses to independent workers by eliminating marketplace commission fees and reducing currency exchange fees and payment processing fees from banks and other merchants
- Integrating blockchain technology to decentralize freelancer profiles, making them trusted and portable
Rewarding engagement and participation in the Moonlighting ecosystem
- Reducing online hiring risk to drive more effective sourcing, recruiting, and hiring while reducing overhead and burden on the employer