Ellcrys lets anyone, anywhere in the world to co-create, co-own and co-govern software products, services and organizations without relying on a centralized authority.
Open source collaborators are empowered to start or contribute to communities dedicated to creating community-run software products and services using a source code sharing and collaboration technology that is open, decentralized, fault-tolerant and censorship-resistant.
Ellcrys offers a decentralized git hosting system that enables developers to store and share codes that cannot be censored or abruptly destroyed. It also provides an ownership layer that allows thousands of people to share ownership of software applications (like mobile apps, web applications, REST APIs, libraries, frameworks, desktop apps, etc.). On Ellcrys, collaborators are empowered to govern themselves through the provision of tools that allows them to create simple to the complex governance system.
Missing whitepaper? Let us know.
Rated on Apr 27, 2018
Rated on Jan 4, 2018
Great team, Good luck guys!
Rated on Jan 4, 2018
Outstanding! Nicely done.
Rated on Jun 26, 2019
As i have seen this project i was digging it. But i got some attraction too and some bad attraction too. Good attraction is people will get right codes which they verify. But normally i have seen the coding and programing. It is just NodeJs and Python so i think it's amazing. But i would love to know how it can be secure from hacker. What if hacker put there script it can harm normal people who are contributing on this project.
Rated on Jun 22, 2018
This is one of the projects most have missed but I have invested.
I actually believed in the success of the project but it disappointed me.
I'm not very sure what is going on now, as the team is not that much transparent but they are continuing the development as it seems.
I still haven't lost hope and I am sure that this project is a good alternative to Github acquired by Microsoft.
Good luck guys!
If you check our progress, you will see that we are still well on our way to achieving success.
We faced issues in 2018 which were mostly driven by the fact that we raised so little and entered into the long bear market. However, we were not deterred; throughout the bear period, while competitors exited, we continued to build out the platform that will ultimately deliver our vision of decentralized software development and collaboration. You will see from our "Getting Started" (https://ellcrys.org/getstarted) page, we have a number of products that have been released and are usable today.
Throughout this period, we have built what is considered to be the first public blockchain created by an African team. In a continent of over 1 billion, we did this first. This is to show that we are serious as a team, regardless of the challenges.
On the issue of transparency, we have always documented our thoughts, frustrations and success on our blog post (https://medium.com/ellcrys) and have been available to discuss every topic and concerns.
We are still building and are very proud of how far we have come and are grateful to all our supporters and community.
Thanks for the rating and sharing your thoughts!
Rated on Jun 25, 2019
Modified on Jun 30, 2019
This project is underrated may be because of the team’s experience. I will have to update ratings because they aren’t responsive on the project and investors.
From my consideration, being a technology bind doesn’t need to prove experienced but they need to take responsibilities of delievering the prototype and project which I think won’t be fulfilled.
They have initiated a developer friendly environment which will make project management simpler. This concept is very good however considering their team and the market studies I won’t recommend on either investment or any kind of trust for this project.
The MVP is in progress but since long there isn’t any update.
FYI, I like your video a lot. :)
Rated on Jun 25, 2019
Modified on Jun 30, 2019
Thought of investing but this project is not at all worth. Being a developer and technology enthusiast I would have this project a thumbs up but the team doesn’t deserve it.
The entities they have covered with the WP is appreciated but prototype has nothing.
At-least some one responded on the ICO bench defending ratings only. They just mentioned what they are doing or they have done in terms of hardwork comparing other successful ICOs/IEOs. No milestones are defined or achieved as of yet in terms of practicality.
More hard work needed..
Experts are independently and voluntarily contributing to the community. If no expert has rated the ICO, only ICO analyzer's results are used. Always research before investing as these ratings should not be taken as an investing guide of any kind.
Ratings and ICO analyzer results are being updated (re-calculated) every few hours.
TeamApply as an advisor
Senior Technical Consultant at Andela
Senior Semantic Web Architect at Cymantiks
Senior Software Architect at Gigster
CEO at Fieldinsight
CEO & Co-Founder
COO & Co-Founder
Content & Community Developer
- Research and development.
- Centralized prototype development.
- Launch of token private sale.
- Launch of Token Pre-Sale.
- Depreciate Centralized Components.
- Began decentralized components developments.
- Release of network client (alpha).
- First test network (runs v0.1 of network client).
- Launch of block explorer (ellscan.com).
- Launch of new website and documentation.
- Release of mining mechanism whitepaper (PeopleMint).
- Launch of Desktop Wallet (SafeHold).
- Release of upgrade token management platform (Ellcrys Suite).
- Improvements to SafeHold, Elld and Ellscan.
- Release of a new whitepaper.
- Launch of Pre-IEO.
- Begin the Ellcrys protocol consensus upgrade.
- Improvements on SafeHold, ELLD and EllScan.
- Release of upgrade network client (v0.3-alpha).
- Launch of code sharing and collaboration web application (in beta).
- Launch of IEO.
- Upgrade of test network to v0.3-alpha.
- Upgrade of block explorer to v0.3-alpha.
- Upgrade of SafeHold to v0.3-alpha.
- Commencement of protocol and implementation audits.
- Release of upgrade network client (v1.0 beta).
- Add collaborative features to SafeHold.
- Release of Peoplemint complementary apps for scanning and validation.
- Upgrade of test network to v1.0 beta.
- Upgrade of Block explorer to v1.0 beta (incl. Repository explorer and statistics).
- Upgrade of SafeHold to v1.0 alpha.
- Commencement of main coin distribution via Peoplemint.
- Launch the main network.
- Host Ellcrys Summit in Lagos - Our flagship event.
- Move SafeHold, Ellscan, Spell.js and the test network out of beta.